The Omo Valley has been a crossroads for millennia and today, it is famous for the sheer number and variety of unique tribal cultures. Meet with several tribes that express their status and cultural identity through colorful body painting, hand-made jewelry, and elaborate hairdos.
- Meet the engaging gelada baboons of Simien Mountains National Park.
- Visit Lake Tana, Ethiopia's largest lake and the source of the Blue Nile.
- Discover the earliest churches known to Christendom—the ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia's 'New Jerusalem.'
- Visit the remains of several royal castles built between the 13th - 17th centuries in the city of Gondar.
- Spend two full days exploring Bale Mountains National Park, home to rare Ethiopian wolves, giant mole-rats, Menelik's bushbuck, mountain nyala, and over 300 species of birds.
October 27 — November 3, 2020