- Meet the engaging gelada baboons of Simien Mountains National Park.
- Visit Lake Tana, Ethiopia's largest lake and the source of the Blue Nile.
- Discover the earliest churches known to Christendom—the ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia's 'New Jerusalem.'
- Visit the remains of several royal castles built between the 13th - 17th centuries in the city of Gondar.
- Join an optional post-extention exploring Bale Mountain National Park, home to giant mole-rats, Menelik's bushbuck, mountain nyala, and over 300 species of birds.