The logistics were faultless and the accommodations were wonderful and unique—Ultimate Namibia was a wonderful experience!
- Join this itinerary that offers an in-depth view of Namibia’s wild coast, otherworldly deserts, rugged mountains, stunning wildlife, and rich cultural heritage.
- Discover an abundance of wildlife including unique desert-adapted elephants in Damaraland, as well as black and white rhinos—Namibia is one of the only regions in Africa where both species are found.
- Photograph the dunes of the Namib Desert, a surrealistic landscape of massive ochre-hued dunes canopied by indigo skies.
- Meet the Himba people, one of the last remaining nomadic tribes in Africa.
- View the amazing rock art of Twyfelfontein. This World Heritage Site is considered to hold the largest and finest collection of petroglyphs in Africa.
- Search for over 340 species of birds, from huge concentrations of flamingos and gannets, to rare desert-adapted endemics such as dune larks, Rueppell’s bustards, and Damara rockjumpers.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Allowing you to nimbly explore Namibia’s wild coast, otherworldly deserts, and rugged mountains, these quick-drying, lightweight pants quickly transform from pants to shorts with a zip of the wrist. They’re especially styled for the female traveler, pack conveniently small, and have an abundance of pockets, for everything from your smart phone to a healthy snack.