Iceland—a land of hot springs, glaciers, lava fields, and waterfalls—is a nature lover’s paradise, with an unspoiled and truly surreal landscape that has captivated explorers, artists, and photographers alike. Join this extension for the chance to explore the country’s inland highlights before embarking the Hebridean Sky with the main group—giving you the opportunity to truly circumnavigate Iceland by land and sea.
The Untamed North: Greenland to Iceland
- Search for a variety of Arctic wildlife—seals, walrus, whales, Arctic foxes, musk oxen, and with luck, polar bears.
- Photograph dramatic landscapes, including chiseled fjords, glittering glaciers, sculpted icebergs, and lush tundra blazing with purple saxifrage and moss campion.
- Explore by Zodiac to discover thousands of breeding seabirds, including kittiwakes, murres, dovekies, puffins, and rare ivory gulls.
- Visit colorfully-painted villages and tiny fishing hamlets steeped in Viking history.
- Attend cultural performances and meet the hearty residents who share stories of survival in this harsh, yet ultimately beautiful land.
June 17 — June 25, 2018