I loved Zegrahm's ability to change the schedule if something better arose. We saw great fjords with icebergs, glaciers, waterfalls, volcanic rocks, and mountains. The Zodiac rides were all fabulous.
The Untamed North: Iceland to Greenland
- Search for a variety of Arctic wildlife—seals, walrus, whales, Arctic foxes, musk oxen, and with luck, polar bears.
- Photograph dramatic landscapes, including chiseled fjords, glittering glaciers, sculpted icebergs, and lush tundra blazing with purple saxifrage and moss campion.
- Explore by Zodiac to discover thousands of breeding seabirds, including kittiwakes, murres, dovekies, puffins, and rare ivory gulls.
- Visit colorfully-painted villages and tiny fishing hamlets steeped in Viking history.
- Attend cultural performances and meet the hearty residents who share stories of survival in this harsh, yet ultimately beautiful land.
The 120-guest Ocean Adventurer will be refurbished in 2017 and is a superb oceangoing vessel equipped with stabilizers and an ice-strengthened hull that allow her to navigate easily in the most rugged natural environments. A fleet of Zodiac landing craft allows us to explore at a moment’s notice. Each stateroom has an ocean view, an in-room music system, and en suite bathroom.
Iceland—a land of hot springs, glaciers, lava fields, and waterfalls—is a nature lover’s paradise, with an unspoiled and truly surreal landscape that has captivated explorers, artists, and photographers alike. Join this brand-new extension for the chance to explore the country’s inland highlights before embarking the Sea Adventurer with the main group—giving you the opportunity to truly circumnavigate Iceland by land and sea.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Keeping your hands warm like only merino wool can, these i-Touch compatible gloves come in men’s and women’s sizes and are breathable, lightweight, and quick-drying—all great qualities when you’re having a spectacular moment in the Arctic, reaching for your smart phone to snap a photo of an elusive walrus or rare ivory gull.