We loved our trip to Vietnam and Cambodia! Everything was efficiently organized; programs were interesting, enlightening, and varied; and the guest service was superb—you really tried to cater to everyone's requests. We can't wait to travel with you again!
Vietnam: Culture & Cuisine
- Cruise past the beautiful coastal scenery aboard the intimate, 65-guest Coral Discoverer, the perfect vessel for your thousand-mile voyage.
- Savor the country’s fresh and distinctive cuisine during several hands-on cooking classes, market and street food vendor visits, and meals at restaurants that veer far from the tourist track.
- Photograph the dramatically sculpted limestone islands and islets of Halong Bay—as well as Hanoi’s interesting mix of architectural styles.
- Visit the extensive “forbidden city” of Hue, the Khmer ruins at My Son, and the historic center of Hoi An—all three are World Heritage Sites.
- Learn about the history of the Vietnam War with visits to local monuments; plus, meet a Vietnamese veteran who will share his story from this poignant time in history.
The 65-guest Coral Discoverer was launched in 2005 and refurbished in 2016. Her small size is perfect for regional exploration. She carries Zodiacs, as well as a powerful excursion boat that can carry all guests for tours ashore. A spacious lounge, equipped with two large plasma TV screens, is ideal for lectures. All staterooms offer an ocean view. The dining room features the finest fresh seafood of the region and a comprehensive selection of Australian and New Zealand wines.
Enjoy the stunning scene of Angkor Wat at sunrise; a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you'll spend time exploring its soaring towers, courtyards, and tiered galleries. Banteay Srei, the Citadel of Women; Ta Prohm Temple, built in 1186 by Jayavarman VII to honor his family; Preah Khan Temple, surrounded by a moat and guarded by statues of warrior deities; and Angkor Thom, the 12th-century capital with enormous mysterious faces, are all also included in this exceptional tour of Siem Reap.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
No matter how much trekking you do in search of Vietnam’s intriguing culture and cuisine, your feet will never tire in your TEVA-made, all-purpose, toe-protective, Omnium sandals. Available in men’s and women’s sizes, they offer support and protection, as well as the renowned Spider Original rubber outsole for which the TEVA brand is known.