Zegrahm trips are always special because of their unusual destinations. Additionally, on this trip, the quality of the staff and lecturers, and their sense of fun and camaraderie, made it even more special, enjoyable, and instructive.
- Photograph a variety of wildlife including several species of whale, northern fur seals, otters, Arctic foxes, and brown bears digging for clams in Geographic Harbor.
- Visit remote Bering Sea and Pribilof Island communities, including a Siberian Yupik community.
- View Alaska’s iconic landscapes—mountains, fjords, waterfalls, and tundra—during numerous Zodiac excursions.
- Search for a variety of seabirds, including horned and tufted puffins, common murres, parakeet auklets, and red-legged kittiwakes.
- Attend a fascinating cultural performance in Provideniya, Russia.
The Silver Discoverer is an elegant 120-guest vessel, ideally suited for expedition cruising. Her fleet of Zodiacs allows us to explore anywhere nature or curiosity dictates. All staterooms have an ocean view, spacious wardrobes, individually controlled heat/air conditioner, personal safe, flat-screen television, sitting area, and en suite bathroom. Facilities on board include a single-seating dining room, two lounges, small library, and outdoor pool.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Even the wind, rain, and snow of wild Alaska can’t beat this Adze Alpine Softshell Jacket, specially crafted with Polartec® Windbloc® stretch fabric and moisture-wicking fleece. Climb, trek, and paddle in comfort—the fleece interior feels great on your skin whether you’re layering with short or long sleeves.