Zegrahm trips are always special because of their unusual destinations. Additionally, on this trip, the quality of the staff and lecturers, and their sense of fun and camaraderie, made it even more special, enjoyable, and instructive.
- Photograph a variety of wildlife including several species of whale, northern fur seals, otters, Arctic foxes, and brown bears digging for clams in Geographic Harbor.
- Visit remote Bering Sea and Pribilof Island communities, including a Siberian Yupik community.
- View Alaska’s iconic landscapes—mountains, fjords, waterfalls, and tundra—during numerous Zodiac excursions.
- Search for a variety of seabirds, including horned and tufted puffins, common murres, parakeet auklets, and red-legged kittiwakes.
- Attend a fascinating cultural performance in Provideniya, Russia.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Even the wind, rain, and snow of wild Alaska can’t beat this Adze Alpine Softshell Jacket, specially crafted with Polartec® Windbloc® stretch fabric and moisture-wicking fleece. Climb, trek, and paddle in comfort—the fleece interior feels great on your skin whether you’re layering with short or long sleeves.