This expedition had a complete study of the islands from the best experts in geology, archaeology, and birding. Plus, the scientific and historical aspects were very well described. All in all, a rewarding travel experience!
Wild & Ancient Britain
May 16, 2015
- Witness some of Europe’s largest seabird colonies—puffins, gannets, guillemots, kittiwakes, and more, pack dramatic cliffs and rocky offshore islands on this British Isles tour.
- Visit Giant’s Causeway where some 40,000 closely-packed hexagonal columns descend like a staircase into the sea.
- Discover important Neolithic monuments on this Scotland expedition—the Standing Stones of Stenness; the Ring of Brodgar; Skara Brae, a well-preserved Stone Age village; and Maes Howe, a tomb dating from 3500 B.C.
- Meet friendly locals in quaint villages and isolated communities throughout your British Isles expedition.
- Explore a variety of architectural wonders, from Mousa’s Iron Age broch and 12th-century Iona Abbey to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall, a must-see on any Scotland tour.