Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland
- Witness some of Europe’s largest seabird colonies—puffins, gannets, guillemots, kittiwakes, and more—crowding the dramatic cliffs and rocky offshore islands.
- Visit Giant’s Causeway where some 40,000 closely-packed hexagonal columns descend like a staircase into the sea.
- Discover important Neolithic monuments—the Standing Stones of Stenness; the Ring of Brodgar; and Skara Brae, a well-preserved Stone Age village.
- Explore a variety of architectural wonders, from Mousa’s Iron Age broch and 12th-century Iona Abbey to the magnificent St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall.
- Cruise aboard a luxurious, purpose-built expedition ship—Zegrahm will limit the number of guests from 184 to 135 for a more intimate experience.
Tour the castle, gardens and forests of the Balmoral Estate—the Queen's Highland residence, visit Scotland's first lending library and learn about its history from the Keeper of the Books, and listen to tales of rural life from a local storyteller in this five day journey through Scotland.