Wild Brazil: From Atlantic Forest to the Pantanal
September 16, 2018
- Search for Brazil’s iconic wildlife—caiman, giant anteaters, Brazilian tapirs, maned wolves, capybara, howler monkeys, marmosets, giant river otters, and our ultimate goal, the elusive jaguar.
- Discover a huge variety of large and colorful birds, including macaws, ibis, storks, curassows, spoonbills, and a wide range of birds of prey.
- Explore stands of endangered Atlantic Forest, home to the northern muriqui, masked titi monkey, and maned wolf.
- Enjoy excellent photography—the dry season offers stunning scenery and up-close shots of wildlife as they congregate at the shrinking water sources.
- Stay at comfortable eco lodges, supremely situated to take advantage of nature viewing, and enjoy two nights at an 18th-century seminary.