The expedition team made this trip superb. I loved the attention to details—after a rigorous hike enjoying hot chocolate on a deserted beach! The Zodiac trips were spectacular; what a group. The whole expedition was really and truly magical.
Wild Norway & Svalbard
- Search for Spitsbergen’s legendary wildlife: seals, walrus, whales, Arctic foxes, and Svalbard adventure travelers’ ultimate goal—polar bears.
- Photograph dramatic landscapes on this Norway tour, including chiseled fjords, glittering glaciers, lush tundra blazing with purple saxifrage and moss campion.
- Explore by Zodiac to discover hundreds of thousands of breeding seabirds, including kittiwakes, murres, dovekies, puffins, and rare ivory gulls.
- Visit colorfully-painted villages and tiny fishing hamlets steeped in Viking history.
- Cruise down Geiranger Fjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Norway’s most scenic natural wonders on this Norway expedition.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Sized just petite enough for immersive regional exploration, the 65-guest Oceanic Discoverer caters to the adventurous spirit with a fleet of Zodiacs and a glass-bottom boat—and to the sybaritic spirit with Australian and New Zealand wines, two large-screen TVs, and all ocean-view staterooms.