South Africa is my home country and I am truly looking forward to sharing its diversity of cultures, wildlife, landscapes, and history. We’ll be getting just a small taste of South Africa on this trip, as we start in the south western Cape, travel through the Kalahari Desert, and end up in one of the greatest game reserves in Africa, Kruger National Park.
Wild South Africa
- Join veteran expedition leader, Lex Hes, on this brand-new itinerary that showcases South Africa's natural wonders (and his home country!).
- Travel through a variety of diverse biomes and enjoy an array of activities, from game-viewing excursions and nature hikes to wine tasting and whale watching.
- Search for abundant wildlife at Timbavati Game Reserve, home to the “Big Five” as well as wild dogs, hippos, giraffes, and over 350 species of birds.
- Photograph the stunning beauty of the Kalahari’s semi-arid grasslands as you search for Hartmann’s mountain zebras, desert black rhinos, cheetahs, and gregarious meerkats.
- Discover over 750 species of indigenous fynbos at Bushmans Kloof, part of the Cape Floral Kingdom, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Casual, yet dressy when necessary, airy and comfortable, wrinkle-free, and easily packable, these pants are made for traveling. With sunblocking capability and deep front pockets for all of your essentials, they’re a safari-goer’s dream, perfect for searching for the Big Five in Timbavati Game Reserve and the vast Kalahari.