Wild Southern India
- Join ornithologist, Mark Brazil, on an overland adventure that reveals southern India’s amazing wealth of birds and wildlife, plus a good dose of local culture.
- Explore three national parks—Periyar, Bandipur, and Nagarhole—which protect many endangered species, including the Asiatic leopard, gaur, and sloth bear.
- Spend two nights aboard the luxurious Oberoi Houseboat and enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Kerala backwaters to observe the rhythms of daily life.
- Stroll through Kochi’s ancient streets to observe grand colonial edifices and savor the sights and smells of the bustling market.
- Visit charming Ooty, the "Queen of Hill Stations" surrounded by lush forest and tea plantations.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Your go-to pack for all your travel must-haves—from your journal to your camera equipment—this Eagle Creek Packable Daypack starts small and lightweight and transforms, Inspector Gadget-style, into a full-size backpack with innumerable uses. And, it’s one more reason to stock up on souvenirs—you’ll have plenty of space to tote them all home!