The real highlight of this adventure will be showcasing two great, iconic rivers—Luangwa and Zambezi. The abundance of hippos in the Luangwa River alone, along with herds of zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, antelope, and even the predators that follow them, create a classic wildlife spectacle in a still remote and wild part of Africa.
Wildlife Along the Zambezi: Zambia & Zimbabwe
September 18, 2017
- Visit Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe’s largest game reserve; the waterholes found throughout the park attract large congregations of game and their predators.
- Search for Africa’s highest concentration of leopards in South Luangwa National Park—their rasping calls during night safaris create an otherworldly experience.
- View elephants, hippos, crocodiles, Pel’s fishing owls, and majestic African fish eagles in Mana Pools National Park, located in the heart of the Zambezi Valley.
- Enjoy accommodations in luxury tented camps throughout your tour, each offering raised platforms for optimal wildlife viewing.
- Witness the massive cascade of Victoria Falls, a huge sheet of falling water roughly twice the height of Niagara Falls.