Travel Safety Advice

We remain very vigilant regarding the impact of the recent Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Our first priority is always the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. At this time, though some expeditions will operate with slight itinerary changes, there are no planned cancellations.

Outlined below is how Zegrahm Expeditions is approaching any risk/potential disruption related to your upcoming trip.

  1. Should the U.S. Department of State advise against travel or impose severe restrictions on movement within a country, we will amend itineraries or cancel trips as needed, providing alternative destinations or refunds as requested by customers. We will also continue to monitor the World Health Organization (WHO) country statistics and the UK FCO for all countries we visit on a daily basis, and will communicate with customers if we believe an increase in risk in that country is likely to require changes to their expedition.
  2. We have provided written advice to our local partners and tour leaders so they can:
    • Be vigilant about potential exposure to the virus for themselves and for group members.
    • Be aware of the symptoms.
    • Be aware of the standard protective measures should they be required.

We request that any of our customers who have any reason to believe they may have a higher than expected risk of infection to contact us to discuss suitable actions. This includes people who:

  • Visited China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days (even during airport transit);
  • Believe they may have been close to an infected person in their country of residence;

If you believe you fall into one of the above categories, please contact our office as soon as possible.

While we will continue to communicate directly with any affected guests, this page will be updated if the situation significantly changes or there are changes to our policy.

We are confident that we have sufficient measures in place to maintain the safety of all our guests and unless we specifically advise you otherwise, standard booking terms and conditions apply for anyone who wishes to delay, transfer or cancel their booking due to Coronavirus concerns.

We have also put together a few FAQ’s to help you understand how this affects your expeditions.

My expedition has not been cancelled, but I do not want to travel.
We are sorry that you are choosing not to join us. If you choose to cancel, the Cancellation and Refund Policy will apply. You can review this policy in our Terms and Conditions.
My expedition has not been cancelled, but there have been minor itinerary changes. I am unsure how this affects me.
If your expedition requires any itinerary or flight changes, we will contact you directly with full details on the changes. If you choose to cancel, the Cancellation and Refund Policy will apply. You can review this policy in our Terms and Conditions.
My expedition has not been cancelled, but I do not want to travel. Instead, I want to travel on an alternate itinerary.
We are sorry that you are choosing not to join your originally scheduled expedition. If you choose to cancel, the Cancellation and Refund Policy will apply. You can review this policy in our Terms and Conditions. We will be happy to have you join an alternate itinerary, but no credit or discount from your cancelled departure will be applied to the new reservation.

Updates to this webpage will be made as and when they become available.